The following tips might help alleviate the baby’s digestive system issues while also improving the baby’s overall digestion.
- Breastfeed the baby until they are six months old.
- Burp the baby after every feed.
- Give some tummy time every day when the baby is awake.
- If you are lactating, avoid smoking, alcohol, and recreational drugs, which may increase the chance of causing colic in babies.
- Give a gentle tummy massage to the baby. Lukewarm compresses with a towel or hot water bag might also help in digesting food.
- When the baby starts solids, start with only one type of food at a time. Introduce other varieties after a few days once the baby is well-settled to the existing ones. It will help determine any food allergies and give the baby’s tummy enough time to grow accustomed to the new food.
- Give a balanced diet to the baby when he/she starts eating solids. Fruits, vegetable broths, purees, and soups are good food options. A balanced diet can help prevent conditions such as constipation.
- Avoid giving junk food and fried food to babies.
If you have been searching Google for a gastroenterologist near me, gastroenterologist for children near me or children’s gastroenterologist near me, look no further then Gainesville Pediatric GI. Schedule a consultation online at gastrohealthforkids.com
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.